Thursday, October 11, 2012

Electrolux vacuum cleaner repair tips

Below are links to articles and videos on how to fix various aspects of Electrolux vacuum cleaners.  These links are intended for informational purposes only, and no warranty is made as to their accuracy or usefulness.  Any links typed in bold have been tested and verified; all other links have not.

Electrolux Harmony:
- How to replace the exhaust filter in an Electrolux Harmony canister vacuum cleaner
- How to replace the motor filter in an Electrolux Harmony canister vacuum cleaner
- How to take apart and clean an Electrolux Harmony EL6985 turbo nozzle

Electrolux Twin Clean:
- How to check and clean the filters on an Electrolux Twin Clean

Electrolux Ultra Active:
- How to fix an Electrolux Ultra Active with the E3 error

Electrolux (non-specific models):
- How to fix an Electrolux vacuum drive belt
- How to repair an Electrolux vacuum hose

4 comments:

  1. I have an Electrolux Super J (1976) Model with a code-plate of K83876T on the bottom.
    Recently it has a burnt smell when operating.  I wanted to open it to check if something is blocking the air-flow path or the motor is burning out.
    Could you tell me the steps to open the canister???  It is not obvious as all the screws are hidden.  I've watched a few U-Tube videos showing sliding the side name-strip off to open the shell but those strips ran end-to-end.  My unit has side-strips that come to 3/4" of each end, so you cannot open the bag-door and slid the strip out.

    Thanks in advance......Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any experience with that model, and it doesn't look like there's a service/disassembly manual available online, but I'll keep my eyes open and see if I find anything that will help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same question and machine as Doug, If anyone finds an answer I would appreciate the answer also

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you might possibly be able to get a copy of the service manual here, but I'm not sure:

    http://dafamediagroup.work/download-file/electrolux-super-j-manual.pdf

    The site doesn't specify if it's a service manual or owner's manual, but the file size is 113.87 MB, which seems extremely large for an owner's manual. Not sure how reputable the website is, but it may be something to contact them about if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete